Google Play Store Can’t Establish Reliable Connection to the Server: Android is certainly the most widely used mobile operating system. Android is both affordable and easy to use. It stands out to be the most flexible of all the mobile operating systems available today. However, there are various issues that Android users come across, mostly, while downloading or upgrading their apps from Google Play Store. One such issue is the error Can’t Establish Reliable Connection to the Server. This is one of the most annoying errors that Android users encounter.
In this error, users are able to browse the web, perform transactions and do everything with their Internet. But they are not able to access Google Play Store with the same Internet. You can neither download nor update any app through Google Play Store. So in this article, we will try to fix Google Play Store Can’t Establish Reliable Connection to the Server. So follow along and go through the methods mentioned in this article very carefully.
Also Read: How to Change Name in Truecaller Database.
HOW TO FIX GOOGLE PLAY STORE CAN’T ESTABLISH RELIABLE CONNECTION TO THE SERVER
In this section, we will provide a step by step guide to get rid of this error. Hopefully, you will be able to eliminate this error and enjoy downloading and updating apps once again.
METHOD 1: EDIT /etc/hosts/ FILE ON YOUR ANDROID DEVICE
The /etc/hosts/ file contains a mapping of IP addresses and hostnames. So we will be editing this file to comment one entry in the file. This usually fixes this error. Follow the steps given below to edit this file:
- First of all, you need to have Root Access to your device.
- Now we need an editor to edit /etc/hosts/ file. So download Total Commander on your device.
- Now launch Total Commander and browse to root/etc folder.
- Long press on hosts file. Click on edit file > TotalCmd-Editor.
- Now open /etc/hosts file and edit it. Just put a # before the entry 220.127.116.11 android.clients.google.com.
- Now save the file. Reboot your phone. After editing, the file should look like:
METHOD 2: RESET YOUR ROUTER TO FACTORY SETTINGS
Please note that resetting the router to factory settings will also reset the Password. Follow the steps given below to reset the router to factory settings:
- Find the reset button on the back of your router.
- Use a pointed object like a pin to press this button for 10-15 seconds.
- Now switch on the router.
- Connect it to a PC and access the web console.
- Set up a password and try accessing Wi-Fi on your android device.
- Try downloading an app from Google Play Store and check if the error still persists.
If none of the methods mentioned above were able to fix this error, try implementing both the methods together. First, implement Method 2 followed by Method 1. So these were the few methods to fix Can’t Establish Reliable Connection to the Server. Hope you liked this article and were able to get rid of this issue. In case of any issues or concerns regarding this, feel free to reach out to us via comments. We are always happy to help you. Thanks.
- Asphalt 8 Can’t Establish Reliable Connection to the Server