How to fix Firefox Proxy Server is Refusing Connections error: Firefox is one of the most widely used web browsers. Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are considered to be the best web browsers available. Firefox usually gives you a fast and smooth experience. However, there have been instances where Firefox doesn’t work as expected. One such instance is the error message Proxy Server is Refusing Connections.
Also Read: How to Install paid games for free.
When you try to access any web page using Mozilla Firefox, you may get an error message that says:
The Proxy Server is Refusing Connections.
Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.
- Check the proxy settings to make sure they are correct
- Contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is running.
HOW TO FIX FIREFOX PROXY SERVER IS REFUSING CONNECTIONS
METHOD 1: VALIDATE FIREFOX PROXY SETTINGS
Follow the steps given below to validate Firefox proxy settings:
- Launch Firefox browser on your device.
- Click on Tools > Options.
- On Network Proxy option, click on Settings.
- Here, make sure that No Proxy option has been selected.
- Click on OK. Restart the browser and check if the error still persists.
METHOD 2: VALIDATE SYSTEM PROXY SETTINGS
Follow the steps given below to validate System proxy settings:
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options.
- Click on Connections tab.
- Click on LAN Settings button.
- Uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN (if checked) and save the changes by pressing OK.
- Try to reload the page again.
METHOD 3: RESET LOCAL CACHE AND COOKIES
Follow the steps mentioned below to reset local cache and cookies for Firefox web browser:
- Open Firefox browser on your device and go to Options > Privacy and Security.
- Click on Clear your recent history.
- Make sure you choose Everything in Time Range option and select the options for Cache and Cookies.
- Try to access the web page on Firefox and check if the error still persists.
METHOD 4: RESET WINDOWS NETWORK SETTINGS
Follow the steps mentioned below to reset windows network settings:
- Type Windows + R to open Run panel.
- Type cmd in the text box and hit Enter.
- In the command prompt so opened, type the following commands:
netsh int reset all netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset netsh winhttp reset proxy
So these were the few methods to fix Firefox proxy server is refusing connections error. Hope you liked this article and now able to use Firefox smoothly. In case of any issues or concerns, feel free to reach out to us via comments. We are always happy to help. Thanks.