How to Fix INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND Error on Microsoft Edge: I may sound brutal but Microsoft has not been able to perform up to the mark in the field of web browsers. A number of web browsers such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have easily outclassed Microsoft’s backed web browser. Though Microsoft launched its completely new browser in the form of Edge, even it was not able to compete well with the likes of Chrome and Firefox. No matter how good Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge are, these are still the default web browsers in Microsoft backed machines.
Microsoft keeps on rolling frequent updates. These updates are often rolled out for minor bug fixes and performance improvement. However, such updates sometimes can cause some serious issues as well. One such update from Microsoft for Windows 10 caused the Edge browser to fail miserably. A number of users reported facing an issue while using Edge browser. Whenever they were trying to access something through Edge, they were getting an error message that said:
Hmmm…can’t reach this page.
- Make sure you’ve got the right web address: https://www.bing.com
- Search for https://www.bing.com
- Refresh the page.
This website could not be found.
Error code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND
This issue was reported by users after one of the Windows 10 updates. Though it is expected to be fixed in the Windows next update, you can still fix this error code INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND by implementing the methods given below.
HOW TO FIX INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND ERROR FOR MICROSOFT EDGE
Since you have come till this point, I am assuming that you are also suffering from this issue. In such a case, you need not worry. Just keep calm and by the end of this article, you will be able to access Microsoft Edge like before. So, carefully follow the methods that we have listed to get rid of the error code INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.
Method 1: netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset is a built-in command provided by Microsoft that resets the IP configuration on your System. Simply follow the steps given below to implement this method.
- Go to search bar and type Windows PowerShell. Right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on Run as Administrator.
- Now type ipconfig /all > C:\myconfig.txt. This will save your current IP configuration in the myconfig.txt file in C: drive.
- Type netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt and hit Enter key.
- Now type netsh winsock reset and hit Enter.
- Reboot your system.
- Once your system restarts successfully, launch Edge browser on your system and check if you are able to access the web pages.
METHOD 2: DISABLE TCP FAST OPEN OPTION
This option works very well to fix Microsoft Edge Error code INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND. All you need to do is go to Microsoft Edge’s setting and disable the option for TCP Fast Open. We have listed the steps below. Follow them carefully and you will be able to access web pages on Edge after this.
- Launch Microsoft Edge on your Windows 10 desktop or laptop.
- Within the address bar, type about:flags and hit enter.
- Go to Network Section.
- Now uncheck the option for Enable TCS Fast Open.
- Close all the Windows of Microsoft Edge.
- Open Microsoft Edge and start accessing any web page. You should be good to go now.
METHOD 3: REINSTALL MICROSOFT EDGE ON YOUR SYSTEM
You can completely get rid of the current version of Microsoft Edge on your system and install a fresh copy of it. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Microsoft edge is a tedious task. So we have prepared a step by step guide for you. Just follow the steps mentioned below to ReInstall Microsoft edge and fix the error code INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.
The above link includes all the step required to reinstall Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 that can, in turn, resolve the error code INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND. This includes first uninstalling Microsoft Edge manually by deleting a specific folder. After that, you need to run a command in power shell that would reinstall Microsoft Edge on your machine. If this method is not able to resolve error code INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND, better try flushing out the DNS. The steps to flush out DNS is given below.
METHOD 4: FLUSH DNS
Flushing DNS can also help you fix the error code INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND. Follow the steps given below to implement this method.
- Go to Search icon and type cmd. Right-click on cmd and select Run as Administrator.
- This will open a command prompt window as an Administrator. Now type the following within this command prompt window: ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter key.
- This command will do the rest. Now reboot your system.
- Once your system restarts, try accessing any web page on Edge and check if the error code INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND still persists.
Is you couldn’t solve the error code INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND with this method, it is better if you change the User Account settings through control panel. Steps are listed in the next method.
METHOD 5: CHANGE USER ACCOUNT CONTROL SETTINGS
The Microsoft Edge web browser will not work if the User Account Control settings have been set to Never Notify. It is recommended to change it to option: Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (default). We have listed the steps below to do these changes.
- Go to Control Panel and click on User Accounts.
- Now again click on User Accounts as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on Change User Account Control settings option.
- Now click on the second bar from the top that says Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer.
- Now restart your system and check if the error still persists.
So these were the methods to fix Microsoft Edge Error Code INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND. Hope you liked this article on How to fix Error Code INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND on Microsoft Edge. If you find yourself in trouble while implementing these methods or you have any other issue related to this particular error code, feel free to reach out to us through comments or Contact Us page. We would try to resolve your query as soon as possible. Thanks.