How to Fix League of Legends Error Code 004: League of legends is one of the most dominated games that is being played today. With over 100 millions players per month, League of Legends has gone ahead of big games like Dota 2 and Hearthstone. Within a span of 5 years, this game has touched the heart of billions. With this grand success and such a huge number of players, this game is consistent as well as stable.
However, with every patch of League of Legends, different users across the world encounter different issues. In this article, we will be dealing with one such issue. This issue is League of Legends Error Code 004. As soon as the game finishes installing the patch, the game becomes unresponsive and the game gets stuck there only. This becomes worse for some users where they merely get a black screen and nothing else. So, in this article, we will be providing few methods to fix League of Legends Error Code 004.
HOW TO FIX LEAGUE OF LEGENDS ERROR CODE 004
METHOD 1: FIX LEAGUE OF LEGENDS ERROR CODE 004 USING HEXTECH REPAIR TOOL
Hextech Repair tool seems to be the best solution till date to fix League of Legends error code 004. Follow the steps given below to proceed with this method:
- Download Hextech Repair tool from the link given here. Download Hextech Repair Tool.
- Install Hextech Repair tool you downloaded in step 1.
- Once the set up has been installed, you will see a shortcut of Hextech Repair Tool on the desktop. Do not use this shortcut.
- Go to path C:\Program Files (x86)\Hextech Repair Tool.
- Right click on Hextech Repair Tool.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Now check the following as given in the below screenshot:
- Use Public (Recommended) – Under DNS section
- Reinstall – Under Game section
- Clean Uninstall (Not Recommended) – visible under Game section once you check Reinstall.
- Please make sure Add Firewall Exceptions (Enables Firewall) is checked under Firewall section.
- Now click the Start button. This may take some time. Wait for this to complete.
- Now restart your system. Launch League of legends and hopefully you won’t be getting error code 004.
METHOD 2: REPAIR LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
Repairing League of Legends has also fixed League of Legends error code 004. Follow the steps given below to proceed with this method:
- Go to League of Legends icon. Right click on it and select Open File Location.
- Go to config folder and delete two files: game.config and input.
- Go back to League of Legends folder. Now go to RADS > projects folder. Here you will find some folders starting with lol_game_client. Delete these folders (You may find two or three such folders).
- Now go back to League of Legends icon. Launch this game. Here click on ? icon on the top right corner.
- Now click the Repair button on left.
So these were the two methods to fix League of Legends Error code 004. Hope you liked this article on How to fix League of Legends Error code 004. If you need some more clarity or better understanding regarding any step or any method, feel free to reach out to us through comments. We are always happy to help you. Thanks.