How to Fix Outlast 2 Error 0xc00007b: Outlast 2, a horror survival game, is one of the latest games launched a few months back. Outlast 2 has certainly received a great response across the world. It has achieved some great reviews on the steam community as well. With great graphics, the plot has been well set. However, since the game has just launched, many people are facing some issues while playing the game. We accept that this happens with almost every newbie. It takes time for users to get used to any new stuff.
Also Read: How to Change Name in Truecaller App
Outlast 2 is suffering from few issues and in this article, we are going to address one such issue. This issue is the error code 0xc00007b. As per my experience, this error code is not specific to Outlast 2. I have experienced this error code multiple times in multiple scenarios. Unfortunately, Outlast 2 is also suffering from this error. But there is nothing to worry. We have come up with tested methods to fix Outlast 2 error 0xc00007b. So head on to the next section to fix Outlast 2 error 0xc00007b.
HOW TO FIX OUTLAST 2 ERROR 0xc00007b: THE APPLICATION WAS UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY
In this section, we will be providing two methods to fix Outlast 2 error 0xc00007b. You can opt for any method as per your convenience.
METHOD 1: RUN OUTLAST 2 AS ADMINISTRATOR
Follow the steps given below to implement this method:
- Go to Outlast 2 icon and Right Click on it.
- Click on Properties option at the end.
- Now select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the option of Run this Program as administrator.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Now try to launch Outlast 2 to check if the error still persists. Hopefully, you should not be getting this error now.
METHOD 2: DOWNLOAD REQUIRED DLL FILES
The error code 0xc00007b can also occur due to missing or outdated dll files. Follow the steps given below to download 5 such required files and check if the error still persists:
- Download the following dll files on your Windows Operating System:
- Now copy these 5 dll files to C:\Windows\SysWOW64. Replace the files if asked for.
- Restart your system.
- Once restarted, launch Outlast 2 to check if the error still persists.
So these were the two methods to fix Outlast 2 error 0xc00007b. Hope you liked this article on How to Fix Outlast 2 Error 0xc00007b: The application was unable to start correctly. If you need more clarity or better understanding on any step or method, feel free to ask via comments. Your query will be surely answered and that too quickly. Thanks.