How to fix Windows Update Error 0x80072ee7: Windows is one of the most popular and widely used Operating System. It’s easy to use graphical user interface and decent performance makes it favourites of many users. A number of Windows users have reported facing an error 0x80072ee7. This usually covers when you try to install a major update in Windows 10.
I am assuming that you are also facing Windows Update Error 0x80072ee7 and this is the reason why you are here. First of all, keep in mind that you are not alone. This error is so common that a wide number of users across the globe are facing the exact same issue. So we thought of writing an article to provide methods to fix Windows Update Error 0x80072ee7. So let’s not waste any time further and move directly towards the methods to get rid of this error.
How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80072ee7
Method 1: Change DNS Entries
An incorrect DNS address can cause the Windows Update Error 0x80072ee7. So follow the steps given below to change DNS address in your machine.
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet >Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings.
- Choose your current network. Right click on it and select Properties.
- Scroll down and select the option Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click on Properties button at the bottom.
- Choose to Use the following DNS Server Address option.
- Enter the values as given below:
Preferred DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
- Click on OK button.
- Restart your system and check if the error still persists.
Method 2: Run Windows Update Reset (WUReset) Script
The Windows Update Reset (WUReset) script is a custom script designed specifically for fixing Windows Update issues. So this is one of the major solutions that users use to get rid of Windows Update Error 0x80072ee7. So let’s run this script and see if resolves the error we are facing. Follow the steps given below to run WUReset script on your PC.
- First and foremost, download the WUReset script from here.
- This will download a Zip file with name Batch_File_to_Reset_Windows_Update.
- Right click on this Zip file and choose Extract All.
- Go to the extracted folder where you will find a Batch file with name WUReset.
- Right click on this file and choose Run as Administrator.
- Wait for it to complete.
- Once done, check if the error still persists.
Method 3: Run SFC Scan through Command Prompt
Windows operating system comes up with a built-in error checking tool and it called SFC Scan. It deeply scans your system and resolves the issues, if it finds any. So it one of the prominent solutions that we can use to fix Windows update error 0x80072ee7. Just follow the steps given below to run SFC scan on your system:
- On the search bar, type cmd.
- Right click on it and choose Run as Administrator.
- Now type sfc/scannow and hit Enter key.
- Wait for few minutes until it completes.
- Close the command prompt and check if the error still persists.
So these were the few methods to fix Windows Update Error 0x80072ee7. Hope you liked this article on How to fix Windows Update Error 0x80072ee7. In case of any issues or concerns, feel free to reach out to us via comments or contact us page. We are always happy to help. Thanks.