How to Fix Windows Update Error 80072EE2: Windows is certainly one of the most popular and widely used operating systems in today’s era. This Microsoft backed operating system is available for both PCs as well as mobile phones. However, the mobile version of Windows operating system has not been able to compete well with the giants like Android and iOS. Android and iOS are currently ruling the world of smartphones and Windows has not been appreciated much by the users all around the world.
But if we talk about the operating systems for PCs (desktops and laptops), then Windows has been ruling this area for ages. Consistent updates, decent graphical user interface, fair price, and excellent customer support from Microsoft are some of the key factors why Windows is so popular among the users. Linux based operating systems somewhat lack the graphical user interface and MACs are too costly for many users. So, Windows ultimately becomes the first choice for many as it is providing a decent graphical user interface and that too at a much lower rate as compared to MAC.
Windows-based machines often provide a very smooth user experience. However, there are instances when users face some issues while using this operating system. Most of these issues occur when users try to install the updates. Few of the examples of this error are Windows Update Error 0x80244022, Windows Update Error 0x80070652 and a lot more. We have managed to fix many Windows-specific errors and hence we are capable enough to deal with such errors.
In this article, we are going to talk about one such Windows-specific error, that is, Windows Update Error 80072ee2. Again, this error occurs when you try to install updates on your Windows-based machine. We have prepared a step by step guide to list down the methods to fix Windows Update Error 80072ee7. Just make sure you follow the methods and steps within those methods very carefully. If you follow the instructions carefully, we assure you that you will be able to resolve this issue by the end of this article. So, let us not waste any time further and jump directly to the methods to fix Windows update error 80072ee2.
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 80072EE2
In this section, you will be getting all the methods to fix Windows Update Error 80072ee2. We recommend you to go one method after the other instead of hopping directly to any of the methods. Most probably, you will be able to resolve this error code after implementing at most first two methods.
METHOD 1: REMOVE KEYS WUServer AND WUStatusServer
The Windows update error 80072ee2 can be caused by corrupted or damaged registry keys. So, we need to delete the registry keys that are causing the problem. However, it is important that we delete the correct keys. Otherwise, this can cause serious issues. So, please follow the steps carefully in order to fix Windows Update Error 80072ee2.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run Panel and type services.msc within the text box and press Enter key.
- Scroll down and find a service with the name Windows Update.
- Right-click on Windows Update service and click on Stop to stop this service.
- Now go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete all the contents of this folder.
- Then go back to the Windows Update service and click on Start.
- Again press Windows Key + R to open the Run Panel and type regedit within the text box and press Enter key.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate.
- Here, you will find two registry keys with the name WUServer and WUStatusServer respectively. Select both these keys, right click on them and select Delete option.
- Now try to install the update that was causing Windows Update Error 80072ee2 and check if the error still persists.
METHOD 2: USE WINDOWS INBUILT UPDATE TROUBLESHOOTER
Follow the steps given below to use Windows inbuilt update troubleshooter to fix Windows Update Error 80072ee2.
- Go to Control Panel and select View by: Small icons.
- Now click on Troubleshooting option as shown in the screenshot below.
- In the System and Security section, click on the link Fix Problems with Windows Update.
- This will open the troubleshooter. Click on Next button. This will start scanning your system for suspicious objects and also fix them if required.
- Once the scanning is complete, try to install the updates that were causing Windows Update Error 80072ee2 and check if the error still persists.
METHOD 3: USE SYSTEM FILE CHECKER TO REPAIR SYSTEM FILES
Windows operating system comes up with an inbuilt command called sfc that stands for System File Checker. It scans your entire PC for corrupted, damaged, and old system files and dll files and replaces them with the correct and latest ones. We have prepared a step by step guide to using the sfc command to fix Windows Update Error 80072ee2.
Use the steps given in the above link to use sfc command to fix Windows Update Error once and for all.
So these were the few methods to fix Windows Update Error 80072ee2. Hope you liked this article on how to fix Windows Update Error 80072ee2. In case you are stuck at some point or you have any other query or issue related to this, feel free to drop in your issue in the comment section below. You can also reach out to us through our Contact Us page in case you do not want to post publicly. We will try to resolve your query at the earliest. Stay tuned.