How to fix Google Chrome Keeps Crashing Issue: Google chrome is one of the most trusted and widely used web browser. Whenever I buy a new laptop, the first thing I do is to install Google Chrome on my system. I am pretty sure that most of you do the same. Then we use the Google Chrome to download other important software for our system. Well, Google Chrome is so easy to use that almost all of us just love it. I, personally, am a big fan of Google Chrome.
As per reports from Statistia, Google Chrome is currently the number 1 browser with almost 54% of people using Chrome over Safari and Firefox. I think these numbers are evident enough to show the popularity of Google Chrome. Though Google chrome usually gives you a smooth experience, there are instances when it may not work perfectly for you. A significant number of users often report that Google Chrome keeps Crashing for them.
Well, since you are reading this article, I am pretty much assuming that Google Chrome keeps crashing for you as well. In such a case, you need not worry at all because we are here to rescue. In this article, we will be giving you a number of methods by which you can get rid of this issue and use the Google Chrome seamlessly. So let us not waste any time further and jump directly to the methods given below to get rid of Google Chrome’s frequently crashing issue.
GOOGLE CHROME KEEPS CRASHING: HOW TO FIX
In this section, you will get a bunch of methods to resolve this issue. So just follow along and implement these methods to solve Google Chrome keeps crashing issue.
METHOD 1: FREE SOME MEMORY BY CLOSING TABS AND REMOVING EXTENSIONS
Well, the most common cause of Google Chrome’s crashing is the lack of memory. If Google Chrome doesn’t find sufficient memory (RAM), it will crash. And this happens for any other software as well. Every software requires a significant amount of memory to run. Otherwise, it will crash as well. So, in this method, we will try to free some memory for Google Chrome to run properly. Follow the methods given below:
- Close every tab on Google Chrome except the one which is showing the error message.
- Quit all the other apps that you don’t require right now so that we can free up some space for Google Chrome.
- If you are downloading something, pause it for a while.
- Now uninstall the extensions that are no longer required. This is very important and you must do it.
- Now try to reload the tab that was crashing. Hopefully, it should load now.
If this method is not able to fix Google Chrome Keeps Crashing issue, do not worry. We have a lot of methods that can surely fix this issue. So keep following.
METHOD 2: CLEAN GOOGLE CHROME
With Google Chrome’s settings page, you can clean Google Chrome and search for malware on your system as well. This is one of the potential methods to resolve the crashing problem. We have listed the steps below:
- Launch Chrome on your system.
- Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner and click on Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom to find the Advanced link and click on it.
- Again scroll down to the bottom and under Reset and Clean Up section, click on Clean up computer tab.
- Now click on Find.
- This will start scanning your system for harmful malware and unwanted software. Just click on Remove if you are asked to remove an unwanted software.
- Wait for the scanning to complete. Once done, restart your system and check if the crashing problem still persists.
METHOD 3: RESET GOOGLE CHROME SETTINGS
If cleaning up computer through Google Chrome did not work, it is better to reset Google Chrome settings on your system. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Go till Advanced link as we did in step 1.
- Click on Reset Settings tab. Please note that this will restore the settings to their original defaults.
- Now it will ask for your confirmation. Just click on Reset button. That’s all.
- Wait for the reset operation to complete. Chrome should not crash now.
METHOD 4: ADD A NEW USER PROFILE ON GOOGLE CHROME
There are a number of instances where a corrupted profile causes the Google Chrome to crash. In such a case, we should add a new user profile on Chrome and switch to that profile. This can very well fix the Google Chrome keeps crashing issue once and for all. So follow these simple steps to add a new user profile on Google Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome on your system.
- Click on Menu (3 dots) at the upper right corner and then click on Settings.
- Under People section, click on Manage other people tab.
- This will open a new pop up window. On the lower right corner, click on ADD PERSON button.
- Here, you can choose a name and a photo that you want to assign it to the new user.
- Now click on Save button. This will open a new window which will ask you to sign in. There is no need to sign in. So, just click on No Thanks button.
- Now go back to the Settings page and click on Manage other people under People section.
- Click on the new user you created to switch to this new user profile.
- Now check if the crashing problem still persists.
METHOD 5: USE SYSTEM FILE CHECKER TO REMOVE SUSPICIOUS SYSTEM FILES
Windows operating system has an inbuilt command called sfc that scans your entire computer for suspicious system files and dll files and replaces them with the correct and latest ones. We have developed an easy to use guide to make use of sfc command. Just follow this guide to scan your system.
This can also fix Google Chrome keeps crashing issue. Just make sure you follow the steps carefully and open the command prompt as Administrator only.
Well, that is all that we have got. We hope you were able to get rid of the Google Chrome’s crashing issue. We hope you liked this article on How to fix Google Chrome Keeps Crashing issue. If you want some other assistance or you are still stuck at crashing issue, feel free to reach out to via comments or Contact Us page. We will be very happy to help you. Thanks.