How to Change Name in Truecaller Database: Did you just get a call from an unknown number and trying to figure out who this guy can be? Are you trying to figure out the owner of an unknown number? If this is the case, then Truecaller is the first app that comes to your mind. Truecaller is basically an online telephone directory where you can search for owners by their Phone Numbers. Truecaller is available over web as well as in the form of an app. It is available for almost all the platforms including Android, iOS, Symbian, Blackberry and so on. It basically acts as a database with billions of phone number records.
Also Read: All you need to know about iPhone 8
Analysis has shown that Truecaller is correct most of the time. However, there are fair chances that it gives you a wrong result. So, we can conclude that Truecaller is worth giving a try when it comes to searching for an unknown number, but it is not 100% reliable. We have seen cases where it gives you completely wrong results. Now whether you want to correct your identity on Truecaller or you want to hide your correct identity on Truecaller, this is the right place for you. In this article, we are going to provide a step by step guide to Change Name in Truecaller database. So get ready to dirty your hands if you also want to change your name in truecaller.
HOW TRUECALLER WORKS?
It really makes me curious to know how this app actually works. What approach did they follow that made them build such a huge database worth 1.5 billion records? How did they get my record even when I never installed or use Truecaller. All these questions are worth asking, aren’t they?
Truecaller uses the following approach to maintain its reputation of providing correct Caller IDs:
- It uses Social Media Integration including Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter and other social media apps and websites.
- Truecaller uses a crowd sourced data that makes it possible to operate in countries where public data is not available (like India and United Kingdom).
- When you registers yourself with Truecaller, it asks you if it can access your contact list. It then uploads all these contacts into its database, thus growing its database.
HOW TO CHANGE NAME IN TRUECALLER DATABASE?
Now comes the soul of this article. Different people have different mindset. I have seen people who are not convinced by the fact that their number shows incorrect name on Truecaller. On the other hand, there are people who do not want to disclose their identity on Truecaller, thus do not want Truecaller to show their correct name. So if you also want to Change Name in Truecaller database (for whatever reasons), just follow the methods given below.
METHOD 1: FOR USERS HAVING TRUECALLER APP
If you have Truecaller app installed on your mobile, follow the steps given below to change name in Truecaller database:
- Open Truecaller app on your mobile.
- Tap on menu (3 horizontal lines) on top left corner.
- Here, select Edit Profile.
- Now Tap on your Name being displayed on the top.
- Here you will get options to fill out First Name and Last Name. Enter the information you want to be displayed and then tap on Right sign on the top right.
- Now tap on Save at the top right corner.
- That’s it. You successfully changed name in Truecaller database.
METHOD 2: FOR USERS NOT HAVING TRUECALLER APP
If you do not have Truecaller app installed on your mobile, no need to worry, You can still change name in truecaller. Just follow the steps given below to change name in Truecaller database:
- Click the link given below to redirect yourself to Truecaller website.
- Here Enter your Phone Number and press Enter. (You may need to sign in with Google account or Microsoft account).
- After this step, you will be redirected to a page that will contain basic information related to the Phone Number you just entered.
- Below there, you will get a link “Suggest a better name”. Click on this tab.
- Now on the dialogue box just opened, write a name that you want to be displayed.
- Now truecaller team will verify the data and revert within 48 hours.
So these were the two detailed methods to change name in Truecaller database. We hope all the necessary information has been provided in this post. However, if you feel we have missed something or in case you need more information regarding any step or method, feel free to ask anything via comments. If you do not want to ask publicly, you can always reach out to us via contact us page. We try to respond as quickly as possible. Hope you liked this article on How to Change Name in Truecaller database. Thanks.