How to Fix Error – The Procedure Entry Point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located: Windows 10 users are getting a weird error these days. On launching certain games through SweetFx, they are getting a dialogue box, and the game launch fails thereafter. The dialogue box reads, “The Procedure Entry Point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\d3d11.dll”. According to some tech geeks, this error is related to SweetFx. However, some say it is an issue with NVIDIA drivers. No matter what, we are going to provide you with the best possible solution to fix this error code.
Also Read: How to Change Name in True Caller Database
HOW TO FIX ERROR – THE PROCEDURE ENTRY POINT CreateDXGIFactory2 COULD NOT BE LOCATED
In this section, we are going to provide few methods to fix the error – The Procedure Entry Point CreateDXGIFactory2 Could not be located. Kindly follow the steps carefully so that you fix this issue quickly.
METHOD 1: GET RID OF SWEETFX
SweetFx compatibility has been under question for a while. It has caused issues with many games. So it is better to uninstall SweetFx which can fix the error code we are facing, As an alternative to SweetFx, you can use VibranceGUI. To uninstall SweetFx on your system, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Go to C:\Program Files. Check if you can find a folder with name SweetFx. (If you are unable to find this folder at this path, then go to C:\Program Files (x86) ).
- Delete the folder, SweetFx.
- Now launch the game and check if the error still persists.
METHOD 2: SWITCH TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF NVIDIA DRIVERS
Follow the steps given below to roll back the latest version of NVIDIA drivers:
- Download the NVIDIA drivers from the link given below.
- Uninstall the current Drivers on your system. (You can make use of Display Driver Uninstall Utility).
- Install the NVIDIA drivers you downloaded in Step 1.
- Reboot your system.
- After a successful reboot, launch the game and check if the error still persists.
METHOD 3: RENAME A DLL FILE
Follow the steps given below to implement this method:
- Go to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86).
- Locate the dll file named dxgi.dll.
- Rename it to d3d11.dll.
- Now launch and enjoy the game.
So these were the three methods to fix the error – The Procedure Entry Point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located. Hope you liked this article and were able to fix this issue. In case of any concerns regarding any of the methods mentioned above, feel free to ask via comments. If you come across any alternate method to fix this error, kindly share that with us, so that it can help other users as well. Thanks.